Why Upgrade to Fathom 2? - Page 5 New Formulas and Editor
Formulas and the Formula Editor
Formula Editor Improvements
The formula editor was probably the least-loved object in Fathom 1. It has
been much improved for Version 2. The changes that are most obvious are:
• Enter or Return now not only accepts the formula, but dismisses the formula
• You can change the size of the font used in editing a formula. If you’re
having trouble, use a bigger font.
• The “left side” of the equation is displayed, indicating that
you don’t need to type that.
• You can edit a long number by clicking within it and editing (rather than
having to replace the whole thing).
• If you want to replace a “nugget” within a complex expression,
you can now select what you want to replace and type on top of it. Don’t
delete the offending bit first; just replace it.
• Measures now live in their own list, rather than mixed up with attributes.
• We’ve changed the look, rearranged the buttons, and increased the
font size for the formula itself. Note, the exponent button is now labeled with
• When the cursor is in a denominator or exponent, a tip appears informing
the user that the right arrow key will move the cursor out of the denominator
Rerandomisation Is Much Less Aggressive
Under many, but not all, circumstances in which Fathom 1 would rerandomise
all computed values, Version 2 will only rerandomise directly affected values.
<-- Back ......... Statistical
Learn more about Fathom 2's new capabilities for
Data, Graphs, Summary
Tables, Formulas and the Formula Editor,
Objects, plus other miscellaneous improvements.
Prices and Licences