Why Upgrade to Fathom 2? - Page 7 Miscellaneous Improvements
Other Miscellaneous Changes
Powerful New Slider Capabilities
While preserving ease of use for getting started with sliders, Fathom 2
greatly increases slider usefulness: control animation speed, restrict values
to multiples, compute slider value with a formula, refer to collection attributes
and measures in a slider formula, allow self-reference in slider formulas.
Select a Fathom object and duplicate it. This really helps when you’ve
gone to a lot of trouble to get something just the right size, with the right
attributes on it, and the perfect format; and now you want another one that
you’ll modify just a bit.
• Move selected objects with keyboard arrows.
• If a case table or text object is selected, Page Up, Page Down, Home,
and End keys will navigate through it.
• If no case table or text object is selected, Page Up, Page Down, Home,
and End keys will navigate through the document.
• It is now much easier to navigate through the case table and inspector
tables with the keyboard. When editing attribute names in a case table, Tab will
take you to the next attribute. When editing attribute, measure, or category
names in an inspector, Enter or Return will take you to the next attribute.
Sorting in Graphs and Summary Tables
The categories displayed in many graphs and summary tables can now be sorted.
There a few more preferences, which Fathom remembers the next time you launch
it: three default font sizes, an option to not show statistical objects on
the shelf (to be less confusing to nonstatistics users), an option for the
display of linear equations, and the ability to set the default verbosity
of statistical objects.
Change Case Order and Attribute Order
Sorting data in a case table now changes the order of cases in the underlying
collection. In addition, changing the order of attributes in the case table
affects that order in inspectors, and vice versa.
Multiple Attribute Drag
You can now select more than one attribute in a case table and put them
all in a graph, summary table, or statistical object with one drag-and-drop
• You can now copy a picture of an object (especially a graph) even when
cases are selected.
• Double-clicking a column boundary in the case table automatically resizes
that column to be the right width to show all its values. A menu command allows
you to do this to multiple columns or all columns.
• Clicking on cells in a summary table selects all the cases corresponding
to that cell. If all the cases corresponding to a cell are selected, the cell
• The command File | Open Sample Document takes you directly into the Sample
Documents folder so you don’t have to search for it (provided your sample
documents are stored in the same folder as the application).
• The Help menu has commands that will open your Web browser to useful online
Learn more about Fathom 2's new capabilities for
Data, Graphs, Summary
Tables, Formulas and the Formula Editor,
and Statistical Objects, plus other miscellaneous
Prices and Licences