MathType 6.8 Equations Everywhere and Anywhere. Work with maths in over 400 applications and websites!
MathType is a powerful interactive equation editor for Windows and Macintosh that lets you create mathematical notation for word processing, web pages, desktop publishing, presentations, elearning, and for TeX, LaTeX, and MathML documents.
MathType works with any wordprocessor, presentation program, page layout program, HTML-authoring tool and other types of software, to create perfectly formatted maths for class materials, research papers, web pages, slide presentations, journal articles and books.
Version 6.8 is loaded with features to help you do more, save time and create better-looking documents and web sites.
New features include:
- MathType support for 64-bit Microsoft Office
- Compatibility with 40 new apps (600+ and counting...)
- Paste tables from spreadsheets, documents, web pages, etc. into MathType as a matrix (frequent user request)
- MathPage support for Microsoft Word 2010 and 2007, converts documents into web pages, properly handling mathematical symbols.
- Authoring for Accessibility: As part of our work in the accessibility community, we've made MathType useful for people with various disabilities, such as blindness, low vision, and learning disabilities.
Professional Version of Equation Editor
If you are familiar with Equation Editor included in Microsoft Word, Corel WordPerfect, AppleWorks and many other products, then you will really appreciate MathType's extra features. It will let you create a wider range of equations and help you work more efficiently.
An enormous amount of functionality gets installed into Microsoft Word, effectively transforming Word into a state-of-the-art maths wordprocessor and web page editor
Works with over 600 Applications & Websites: Here are a few of the most popular:
for publishing mathematics on the web
MathType includes ‘MathPage’ technology that enables you to transform an entire Word document into a Web page with equations that print and display beautifully in any modern Windows, Macintosh, Unix or Linux browser.
Other powerful equation tools for Word
Automatically change spacing, font styles and sizes of all equations in a Word document without having to open individual equations.
Convert all expressions in a document to TeX, Latex and MathML.
Automatically installed into Microsoft Word to insert mathematical notation inline or centred, with or without equation numbers, to renumber equations on the fly and to insert equation references and section numbers.
Previous Press Releases:
MathType 6.5 for Windows is Now Shipping on CD-ROM and by download
New version designed to work with hundreds of education and scientific software applications and websites
MathType 6.5 for Windows is a new version designed to work with a wide variety of education and scientific applications and websites. The company introduced its Equations Everywhere and Anywhere!™ initiative, hosting the MathType Interoperability Registry on its website, a listing of several hundred popular educational and scientific applications and websites that MathType now works with. This new version also includes translators for Mathematica and Maple, MathML import, and enables users to type TeX/LaTeX equations directly into Microsoft Word.
"Scientists, engineers and educators are now using a much wider variety of applications and websites in their work than ever before," said Paul R. Topping, Design Science's President & CEO. "We're quite excited to release a new version of MathType that works with many of these. We're listening to our customers and adding more to the MathType Interoperability Registry as fast as we possibly can." In addition to Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, MathType now works with Wikipedia, Moodle, Adobe InDesign, Blackboard, QuarkXPress, Autograph, SigmaPlot, SMART Notebook, and SmartDraw to name a few.
MathType has long been known as the professional version of the Equation Editor in Microsoft Office, used by millions of educators, scientists and engineers to create papers and presentations with textbook-quality equations. According to scientific and technical publishers, over 85% of submitted manuscripts containing mathematical notation are Microsoft Word documents with MathType or Equation Editor equations.
What was added previously to MathType 6?
- Microsoft Office 2007 support -- MathType takes full advantage of Office 2007's new Ribbon User Interface by adding a new MathType Tab in Word and PowerPoint. MathType also works with Office 2003, XP and 2000.
- TeX input -- type or paste TeX into MathType to quickly create equations for Word, PowerPoint and 1000's of other applications.
- Works with Wikipedia -- Wikipedia, the popular online encyclopedia, contains 1000's of pages with mathematical equations. Once you do your research on Wikipedia, you can copy the relevant equations for use in your own work. You can also use MathType to author new equations for Wikipedia.
- Windows Vista support -- MathType 6 works on Windows Vista, XP,2000 and Mac OS X operating systems.
- And much more...
What People Are Saying About MathType 6:
- "... version 5 was excellent, but release 6 is even better. I get more done, in less time, with less investment of attention span, with no compatibility problems and no conscious awareness of learning curve; which sounds to me like a good definition of the ideal upgrade." -- Felix Grant, Science Writer, ScientificComputing.com
- "New options for publishing to 'MathPage', for numbering equations and converting them to TeX have made 6.0 indispensable for anyone who writes squiggles [equations]." -- William F. Shughart II, F.A.P. Barnard Distinguished Professor of Economics; Editor in Chief, Public Choice; The University of Mississippi, Department of Economics
- "... the new LaTeX-to-MathType feature is marvelous. Instead of having to retype all my equations again to use in a PowerPoint presentation, I now can just cut and paste. This is the best software purchase I have made in a long time" -- Alfonso Limon, Chief Scientist, A&A Consulting Ca
- "I love this product (and use it every day)... I am ecstatic!!!!" -- Donna Roberts, Mathematics Educator, http://MathBits.com
Single User Licence 60 Pounds Sterling (or 36 Pounds Sterling Academic Price) + vat .
Single User Upgrade 31 Pounds Sterling (or 24 Pounds Sterling Academic Price) + vat. (Please provide your existing MathType serial number if upgrading. You can find this in the Help system or on your registration card.)
MathType is distributed in the UK by Chartwell-Yorke Ltd, 114 High Street, Belmont Village, Bolton, Lancashire, BL7 8AL, England. Tel (+44) (0)1204 811001, fax (+44) (0)1204 811008, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.chartwellyorke.com