Interactive Online Tuition
Conquer GCSE Maths Online
- Over 3600 pages of content (2046 Foundation and 1651 Higher Level). Almost every page is interactive.
- Ideal for student self tuition, revision, testing and teacher demonstrations.
- 1661 Fully-worked Exam Questions based on exam papers from many different exam boards. Choose which questions you require. A display will show you how many questions you have selected, their total worth in marks and the total time you should spend on them. Print out your own selection together with a mark scheme.
- 850 Online Tests - offering online testing and automatic assessment!
- Suitable for all exam boards. Take a look around the site.
Students - mathsnetgcse.com will help you to get a better grade
- Tailored to your precise exam course.
- There are over 2700 pages on the site that show you how to carry out mathematical techniques. You can view interactive graphs and geometrical diagrams. There are short quizzes, multiple choice tests, data entry tests and matching exercises designed to help you practise your skills.
- The 1661 example questions on the site are based on actual examination papers from the last few years.
- You have access to on-line assessment and feedback. There are 843 pages on the site called "O-tests". These are tests that provide marks and analysis that you can access. For more on this see Help with assessment.
- You can create and print your own examination paper, complete with mark values, time to spend on it and detailed mark schemes, so that you can work away from the computer. Choose the questions yourself and save your choice on the website so you can return later and repeat the exercise. Get access to exam papers that your teacher or tutor has created for you. For more on this see Help with exam printing.
- Use the on line forum to stay in touch with fellow students and if you are in a multi-user account you can keep in contact with your teacher or tutor. You and your friends could create your own study group.
- Find what you want either by using the menu system or by searching for key topics or by entering the ID number of the precise page into the search box. For more on this see Help with searching
- Use the graph library to explore the shapes of all the graphs you are likely to meet. Read brief biographies of famous mathematicians.
Teachers - improved results AND it does the marking for you!
- You may purchase your own individual subscription or, preferably your school or college purchases a multi-user account (by choosing a single user and choosing a quantity greater than 1) which gives you access to more facilities. See How do I manage a multi-user account.
- The site is tailored to your precise exam course.
- There are over 2700 pages on the site that show you how to carry out mathematical techniques.
- You can view interactive graphs and geometrical diagrams, which are designed for use both on an individual computer and on an interactive whiteboard. There are short quizzes, multiple choice tests and matching exercises designed to help your students practise their skills.
- The 1661 example pages on the site are based on actual examination papers from the last few years.
- You have access to on-line assessment and feedback. There are 843 pages on the site called "O-tests". These are tests that provide marks and analysis that you can access. You can see your student's scores and how often they have attempted tasks. For more on this see assessment
- You can create and print your own examination papers, complete with mark values, time to spend on it and detailed mark schemes, to distribute to your students to use for self-study and homework tasks. Choose the questions yourself and save your choice on the website so your students can print them out themselves.
- Use the on line forum to create a private forum for your school or college and organise your students' access to the website. Use your private forum to set tasks or to facilitate on-line tuition.
- Manage your students' access to the website and monitor their usage. You can check how often any individual student has accessed the site in the last month and you can view a list of dates of their log-ons that goes back months. Any name in bold indicates that on-line assessment marks are available for that person.
- If you are a tutor working with individual students and not part of a school or college then you can use the site to set up your own tuition system. This may be totally on-line or involving face-to-face tuition, or a combination of both. Here is an example of how this might work.
Buy a multi-user account (by choosing a single user and choosing a quantity greater than 1) for, say, six users (yourself and five students). You may then choose to reclaim some of this cost from your paying students.
Your five students log in and create their own personal accounts which you then manage.
You can monitor your student's monthly use of the site and enable them to keep in contact with each other. This may be particularly useful if your students are spread across a wide geographical area. Of course, with this system there is no restriction on where your students actually live.
The display will tell you who is online, how often they have been on line in the last month (and the dates). Any name in bold indicates that there is on-line assessment data available for that person.
Use the forum to create your own private forum. From here you can organise the work of your students. They have direct access to you via the forum and you can direct them to specific areas of the site.
You may wish to create examination papers using the site which you can save for your students to access personally or print and post to them or save (using a suitable pdf creator) and email to them.
- Take a look around the site
Order Online or via the address below
Chartwell-Yorke Ltd, 114 High Street, Belmont Village, Bolton, Lancashire, BL7 8AL, UK
Tel (+44) (0)1204 811001, fax 01204 811008, firstname.lastname@example.org