Problems in the fields of arithmetic, algebra, trigonometry, calculus, linear algebra, and propositional calculus can be solved with the click of the mouse. Make plots of mathematical expressions in two and three dimensions using various coordinate systems. By its seamless integration of numeric, algebraic and graphic capabilities, Derive makes an excellent tool for learning, teaching and doing mathematics.
If you are familiar with Derive 5, you will find Derive 6 an (upward-compatible)
extension. Here is a list of the major new features:
• display the steps in the simplification of an expression along with the transformation rules applied
• send and receive maths worksheets to and from the TI-89, TI-92+, Voyage 200 TI CAS handhelds
• animate parameterised expression plots with slider bars
• automatically label plots showing the expression being plotted
• rotate 3D plots using the mouse
• easily navigate around the on-line help using the table of contents
• customise menus, toolbars, and shortcut keys
• benefit from numerous other improvements, including:-
- fully scaleable Derive Unicode font
- support for Unicode characters and html link hot spots in text objects
- state variables saved in DfW files
- optional multi-line editing
- parentheses matching on the edit line
- controllable display of 3D mesh lines and data-point sizes
- function for determining the Gröbner basis of a system of polynomials
System Requirements of Derive 6.1
Derive 6.1 requires Windows 98, Me, 2000 or XP (Minimum RAM and processor requirements are the same as the operating system requirements), a CD-ROM drive for installation, and at least 10MB (or 20 MB if also TI-Connect is to be installed) of free disk space.
Derive 6.01 did not run under Windows Me, 98, NT 4.0, and Windows 95 because Derive 6 uses Unicode fonts which are not supported by this systems. Starting with version 6.1, this issue was resolved and Derive could be used with Windows 98 and Me too. Derive is no longer available as a separate software program.
The Derive code is now incorporated into TI-Nspire CAS software, distributed in the UK by Chartwell-Yorke Ltd, 114 High Street, Belmont Village, Bolton, Lancashire, BL7 8AL. Tel +44 (0)1204 811001, fax +44 (0)1204 811008. email email@example.com, www.chartwellyorke.com/ti-nspire